Acqiris’s team is committed to protect your personal data.
Acqiris, as “Data Controller”, is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
We collect personal information when you register on our website.
When registering, you will be asked to enter the following information: Your full name, email address, company, country and a password. At registration, we assign you a unique ID number that will be used to recognize you on Acqiris extranet.
When you contact us via email or other electronic message for an inquiry or for support, we may also collect your personal information (name, email, company) and details about our request or query.
We do not collect or process any sensitive data (such as information about your health, race or religion).
We do not associate the anonymous data gathered from any analytics cookies data with the personal ID of your Acqiris account.
We do not collect data from other website cookies.
We collect and use your personal data for the following main reasons:
– To verify your identity, for example when logging on Acqiris extranet.
– To send you messages about your account subscription and registration, for example to confirm the registration or answer a reset password request.
– To provide the service you sign up for and personalize the content you can access on Acqiris extranet (for example documentation depending on the product you bought, or access to new software beta-release).
– To fulfill the execution of the contract with you or your company, enable the usage of our hardware product or improving your experience, for example by sending you a message and granting you access to a dedicated hardware driver required to use the product for your application.
– To support you and respond to your question or queries. To improve support, we can look at the specific software version you have downloaded. Also, we can inform you about a new software version or any change in our services.
– To carry out market analysis, when permitted by law, for example emailing you to know more about your usage of our products or to get your opinion about our services.
– To send a product to your company address.
We collect the minimum amount of personally identifiable information required to serve the purposes described above.
We do not use personal data for advertising on our website.
Our lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data are based, depending on the circumstances, on your consent, on the contractual necessity and/or on legitimate interests:
When you have provided your consent while subscribing to our extranet, we will use your personal data to give you access to dedicated content. You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting your account (See details in Section How can you opt out of e-mail communications from us?).
We have a legitimate interest to understand our customers and their usage of our products and to monitor the performance of the website. For example, when we analyze what content has been viewed on our sites. It is also in our legitimate interest to carry out marketing analysis to determine what products and services are relevant for our customers. You can opt out at any time by deleting your account (See details in Section How can you opt out of e-mail communications from us?)
We will use your personal data for the execution of a contract with you (or pre-contractual steps for a contract with you). For example: Following the purchase or the start of an evaluation of one of our products, we may use your personal data to send you a direct link to documents and software required for the usage of the product. We may also use your contact information to answer your support request or to send you information about the lifecycle of a product you’ve bought.
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Some browsers propose Do Not Track (DNT) features that, when enabled, communicate to websites that the user do not wish to be tracked around the web. DNT was designed to limit tracking across different websites and online services, and not data collection from websites you visit directly.
Therefore, we do not currently respond to DNT signal since we do not collect data from other website cookies and we collect and use data outside the scope of a DNT request.
If you are a registered user, you can access and edit your personal data. Once logged on our extranet, proceed by clicking on your user name, and selecting “Profile Information”.
Otherwise, you can contact our customer service at email@example.com.
You can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, also by contacting our customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to opt out from our extranet database. In order to proceed, you have to log on the extranet, click on your user name, select “Profile Information” and finally “Delete account”. Please note that when you delete your account:
– You will not have access to your dedicated content anymore.
– Your data is deleted from our extranet database; however, we may keep your email address for administrative purposes such as support and warranty services.
You can also ask to be opt out from of all marketing communications from us, by contacting email@example.com.
The security of your personal information is very important for us.
We use appropriate measures to keep the personal information we hold about you private and secured.
We have secure web pages to collect user information, some of which is data encrypted. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored in our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe that the measures that we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security issues at a level that is appropriate for the type of data collected by our website. Our servers use Secure Socket Layer (SSL), an encryption technology which ensures that third parties cannot access your data. The database is stored on a separate server, and physical and software level best practices on security are used. The data will not leave the production database server for any reason.
We limit the access to our database containing your personal information to technical support team and senior managers on a need to know basis.
We will keep your information for as long as it is required for the correct execution of the contract with you and as long as we have ongoing business relationship with you. For instance, we may retain your data while you are still using our product in order to be able to answer your queries about it.
Since we are engaged to support our customers even after the end of the guarantee period and since typical OEM product lifecycle can be 10 years or more, we log and use information about any service or support, and retain information for at least 10 years from the date it was submitted to us.
In case that your extranet account appears to have been not used for more than 1 year, we may contact you to check whether it is still in use or if we should delete it.
We delete your information upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we no longer need your data or if you ask us, we will delete it or make it anonymous (for instance we keep the name of the Company that bought our product but delete your full name and email address).
We may retain information for a longer period in case of a legal claim or if required by any regulation (for example by the export control administration).
Your personal information may be shared with third party organization we have contracted in order to provide services to us, for instance to create and maintain the extranet database.
We use Google Analytics to analyze how users use the site. Google collects information through our use of Google Analytics on our website. Google uses this information, including IP addresses and information from cookies, for a number of purposes, such as improving its Google Analytics service. Information is shared with Google on an aggregated and anonymised basis. To find out more about what information Google collects, how it uses this information and how to control the information sent to Google, please see the following page: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We will disclose your personal information to a competent law enforcement authority or government agency when required by law, including export control regulations and trade compliance laws.
In the context of an acquisition, a merger, or a transfer of Acqiris business or its assets, we may share your information to a third party as a result of the merger, acquisition or transfer.
We don’t reveal your personal information to any other third party for their own marketing purpose.
The storage and processing of your personal data is done in Switzerland and consequently may require to be transferred outside of your country of residence.
We proceed to data transfer only on a need to know basis: if when registering, you’ve indicated a country located in Asia, in Americas and in Japan, we may transfer your personal information to our local team/contact for support purpose, respectively in China, in United States or in Japan (Acqiris Japan).
European Residents: If you are a resident of the European Union, or Switzerland, your data will not be transferred outside of the European Union or Switzerland without your prior consent.
– Right to be informed: Before providing us your personal data, you have the right to know how it will be collected, processed, and stored, and for what purposes.
– Right to access: After data is collected, you have the right to know how it has been collected, processed, and stored, what data exists, and for what purposes. You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you.
– Right of rectification: After data is collected, you have the right to have the incorrect or incomplete data corrected.
– Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten): you have the right to have personal data permanently deleted.
– Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to block or suppress personal data being processed or used.
– Right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy, or transfer the personal data we hold about you to another organization.
– Right to Object to Processing: you have the right to object to our processing of our data, for example you can ask to be removed from our marketing databases.
– Right to not be subject to automated decision making: you have the right to demand human intervention, rather than having important decisions made solely by algorithm.
– Right to withdraw your consent: at any time, you have the right to redraw you consent.
To exercise your rights or ask question, please contact our customer service at email@example.com. Your request will be typically dealt with within 30 days, excepted in case of complex request.
We will not ask for fee for any exercise of your right, excepted if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to competent data protection authorities.
Our products and website are not directed to children or people under the age of 18, and Acqiris does not knowingly gather or process personal data of person under the age of 18. If we discover that we have unintentionally collected personal data from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly remove that child’s personal data from our records.
If we make any change this policy, the record of changes will be listed below.
We will not use in a significantly different way any personal data already collected without informing you about the change and letting you the opportunity to opt out if you want.
For any question relative to this Privacy or to your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Attn: Legal Department
12 chemin des Aulx